Friday, October 3, 2008

Impending Granny-dom

So many of you are such prolific bloggers, and I've discovered I am not. While I used to write four 100,000 + books a year, now I struggle to write one, but I am a very stubborn woman and I will finish The Gift.

My oldest daughter, Barbi, married her Prince Charming, Nathan, on December 2nd, 2006. It was a bittersweet day for our family, as her father--my Prince Charming--died from cancer in May 2005. He was definitely there in spirit, though. We were so fortunate to have both her grandfathers there to walk her down the aisle--one on each arm. Of course, a Colorado Rocky Mountain December wedding is never complete without a blizzard, so Mother Nature accommodated us there, too. :)

And now my little Barbi--okay, so she'll be 27 on Christmas Eve--is going to be a mommy in May. That means I'll become a grandma for the first time. I'm very excited about this prospect, and--as you can imagine--pretty emotional as well. She and I both first thought of her father, and what a wonderful grandpa he would have made. He would have been so well suited to this role in life. I'm sure, wherever his spirit is, he's looking down on his oldest child with his infectious grin and a thumbs-up. :)

Happy reading, all. And I really am trying to finish this long delayed book. Meanwhile, I have a story in the new anthology, Enchantment Place, released by DAW in August 2008.

Love,
Deb

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!

    According to my mother, if she knew how wonderful being a grandma would be, she would have done it first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun. I'm looking forward to finding out what your mom already knows. :) Thanks. ~Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. My 2nd grandson was born on Tuesday 10/14 and I'm thrilled because I'm going to do "grandma duty" 3 days a week when my daughter returns to work after the holidays. (She loves her career as an optician, her older son is in kindergarten.)

    I missed that whole first year of being a grandma because I was on the road with my injured hubby. But I know how wonderful it is to be a grandma and that's why I'm going to hog every opportunity.

    I'm so thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete