Wednesday, November 4, 2009

We Voted

Princess Bonnie and I--she's 23 now, which seems unbelievable!--voted yesterday. Did you...?

If you give up your right to vote, you give up your right to bitch. So...if you didn't vote yesterday, be silent. ;-)

~Deb and Princess Bonnie

PS: Yes, Princess Bonnie has Down Syndrome, but she is very active with me in the voting process. She enjoys it, understands the names of different candidates, and is excited about the entire process. Some people have objected to her right to vote. Imagine that.... Just because she has an extra # 21 chromosome doesn't make her a non-citizen. In fact, since she's Native American, she's more "citizen" than I....

1 comment:

  1. Deb, I think it's awesome that you've taught Princess Bonnie the joys of doing our civic duty. I can only hope that I do as well with my Asperger's son when he's old enough in 6 more years. :)

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete