Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving

I am thankful this and every year for my family and their continued good health. This year I give special thanks for the birth of my first granddaughter, Annabella Debra Carr.


I am thankful for good, loyal friends who have stood at my side these past years as I've mourned the death of my husband, Dave.

I am thankful to have met Marty, my wonderful gentleman friend who is a brilliant photographer and gardener.

I am thankful that my Muse has finally risen from the ashes and again allows me to fulfill my role as storyteller, and that The Gift is finally in print and available to my readers.

Finally, I am ever-so-thankful for my dear, loyal readers. What would a writer be without readers? And vice-versa...? Since all writers are readers--and I do wish I knew who first said "scratch a writer, find a reader"--I proudly wear both hats.

Books, stories, worlds beyond the one in which we live. Escape. There are no boundaries. No limits. Only our imaginations and the written word. All entertainment depends on writers--on storytellers.

Let us all remember next time we go to a movie, watch television, read a novel, a story, or even see a commercial, that a writer somewhere had to put words together to make the moment possible.

And give thanks for the miracle of Story.

Readers and Writers. We make quite a pair. Don't we?

Have a safe, joyous, healthful, and fulfilling Thanksgiving.

And happy reading!

Love,
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment